To create and sustain a healthy economic climate for the Durham community by coordinating economic development efforts and activities between businesses and State, County, City, and other local officials and entities.
The Chamber is the premier conduit for business connections and economic growth in Durham County. With a robust talent pipeline, a thriving ecosystem of technology, life sciences, manufacturing, and other industries, spanning Research Triangle Park, Durham is the ideal place to grow your business.
We are an agent of Durham County and the City of Durham. As such, we are the lead entity for economic development in Durham. We perform all the following and more.
BUSINESS RETENTION & EXPANSION
- Support growth/expansion of existing Durham companies.
- Lead targeted industry recruitment efforts to attract companies to facilitate growth and diversification of Durham’s economy.
PROJECT LEADERSHIP & CATALYST
- Work with the private sector during all phases of project development (including incentives) and act as a facilitator when interacting with City/County/State agencies and utility companies.
RESEARCH, DATA, & DEMOGRAPHICS
- Serve as the primary resource in Durham for real estate, market, and labor data.
EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS & STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
- Be the top promoter of Durham and its economic climate and reputation as a diverse, innovative, collaborative, and inclusive business environment.